What will you do?
This job reports to the Project / Production Manager of LLOYD HVAC SERVICES INC.
Essential function is to coordinate with contractors, home owners, other trades or personnel in charge for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses cause of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building / Fuel codes, and safety regulations.
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
What do you need to succeed?
Skills are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
Specific skill-based competencies required to perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and handling hazardous materials.
Ability is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances.Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Specific ability-based competencies required to perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions; displaying mechanical aptitude; and complying with B149 – Natural Gas code, the Ontario Building Code and other applicable regulations.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Education: Targeted job related education that meets organization’s prerequisite requirements. Ongoing professional development through various organizations (Eg: HRAI, George Brown College, and various Manufacturer’s training)
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Ontario Driver’s License & Evidence of Valid Insurance (Driver’s abstract) Freon handling certificate (ODP certificate);Minimum G2 gas fitter, Gastite installation Certificate (Course can be arranged) Refrigeration and Air Condition 313A and/or 313D license. Any other applicable certification that will make the technician an asset to our organization.
Minimum 2 years experience in HVAC maintenance / installation / Repairs
Required Testing: Alcohol and Drug Test (If applicable)
Continuing Education / Training: Successful completion continuing education toward license / certification in HVAC trade.
Clearances: Background Clearance certificate required.
- HVAC Service Technician: Minimum 2 years
Whats in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted service to our customers.
A comprehensive Benefits Package including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Technician: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Freon Handling (ODP ceritficate)
- Sheet Metal Worker 308A
- Refrigeration and Air Condition 313D
- G1 Gas Fitter
- Refrigeration and Air Condition 313A
- G2 Gas Fitter
- Drivers License G
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Have you completed the following level of education: Diploma/Certificate?
- Do you have at least 2years of HVAC Technician experience?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Freon Handling (ODP ceritficate)?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Sheet Metal Worker 308A?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Refrigeration and Air Condition 313D?
- Do you have the following license or certification: G1 Gas Fitter?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Refrigeration and Air Condition 313A?
- Do you have the following license or certification: G2 Gas Fitter?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Drivers License G?